Re: mutt source compile problems

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 13:52:42 -0500, Lee Bradshaw wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 05:44:25PM +0100, J.H.M. Dassen wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 11:28:33 -0500, Lee Bradshaw wrote:
> > >   MSGFMT = no

> > Installing the "gettext" package should fix this. Another (untested)
> > option is to edit debian/rules to call configure --with-included-gettext
> > .
>
> Thanks for the help, but I got the same error message after modifying
> the call to configure. I installed gettext from slink but I still don't
> seem to have a "no" executable.

You're not supposed to get a "no" exectuable from it. There's apperantly a
mistake in mutt's build configuration handling: one part sets MSGFMT to "no" to
indicate there's no msgfmt program found, and another part doesn't adhere to
this convention and simply tries to execute $MSGFMT.

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.