Re: fetchmail: blatantly violates RFC's and corrupts PGP/MIME mails...automatically!

On Wednesday 10 February 1999, at 13 h 3, the keyboard of Branden Robinson
<branden@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:

> If the fetchmail maintainers are not willing to handle this important piece
> of software responsibility, it may become necessary for the free software
> community to fork a new version that upholds fetchmail's heretofore good

Time to make my own advertisment :-) I hate fetchmail because it is based on popclient, which was a good program to lose mail (it never tested the return code of write() before deleting the message on the POP server) so I wrote gwpop which:

- is not really maintained anymore so you will not be disturbed by new versions,
- is written in Perl,
- is still in Perl 4 and not beautiful one,
- does not exist as a Debian package,
- allows you to use SSH (fetchmail cannot),
- otherwise, has a lot less features than fetchmail.

ftp://ftp.internatif.org/pub/unix/gwpop/