Re: sudo and cracklib

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 01:55:17PM -0800, Chris Waters wrote:

> > Well, the current sudo still depends on cracklib, because it was built
> > with the previous pam.
>
> No.  Sudo depends on pam, period.  If you upgrade pam to a version that
> doesn't depend on cracklib, then sudo will magically no longer depend on
> cracklib either.

Oh yes, I just checked. It's the potato version that still depends on
cracklib: dpkg -s sudo

Package: sudo
 Sudo is a program designed to allow a sysadmin to give limited root
 privileges to users and log root activity.  The basic philosophy is to give
 as few privileges as possible but still allow people to get their work done.

> > Is there any chance that we can get a fixed sudo?
>
> Sudo doesn't need to be fixed, and pam has already been fixed.

The potato version should  be fixed, I think.

> you're running an up-to-date slink, you should be able to remove
> cracklib2 with no problems.  I just did.

I guess I'll downgrade sudo until this issue is solved.

Greetings,

 Ulf