Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd

    JG> I'm again not sure what it buys us.  If Linux has problems
    JG> with high loads, why not work to fix it instead of using
    JG> FreeBSD?  Really, FreeBSD is a dead-end road, as I've said.
    JG> Linux, or Hurd, is the future.

  I don't know if 'us' needs to worry about cost/benefit analyses as
such. If there are people involved with Debian that wish to work on a
FreeBSD branch, then let them do so. If there are people that like the
idea enough to join the Debian project because of it, excellent.

  Although I've never used FreeBSD, and do not anticipate ever doing
so in future, I can only say more power to those who wish to do this.

m.