Re: Debian Logo *Idea* Contest! (Delay for painting contest required)

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 07:07:21PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>   4. The open book or box.

Book would be better.

>  -1. The chicken if noone comes to a reasonable conclusion we should stay
>      with the old chap or make him better.

How can something that simple be improved?

> For those who were going by train in Germany:  The logo of the
> Deutsche Bahn (DB) in plain sans serif is a good example for a bad
> logo in my opinion -- regardingless the fact that the designer got
> about 1 Million DM for that work.

Yes, human stupidity is enormous sometimes. For example, Croatian
tourist board made a contest for a sentence/statement/whatever to
promote our tourism in the next year or some other time period.
Of course, of all stupid and worn out sentences, guess which one they
picked? "Croatia - Heaven on earth!". I won't even mention the reasons
for that decision... >:'(