Re: AW: Debian Logo Contest

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Marc Althoff wrote:

> Well, let's put an end to this: introduce a second contest which is more
> open regarding the tools for creation. So, those sticking to gimp as the
> required tools shall go on submitting onn contest.gimp.org and all those
> not willing or able to fulfill this requirement should use another one, say
> opencontest.debian.org or so.
>
> At the end of the contest, the best logo(s)  from each contest is (are)
> brought into competition. If the gimp-one rules our the immorals'  logo,
> just fine ... if not, they might come around and try to rebuild it using
> gimp/fig whatsoever, which *IS* possible.
>
> Although this doesn't solve the inherent conflict of using non-free
> software, it could provide a solution.
This was not my topic to discuss.  Yes I think to stick on gimp is an
idea which makes the thing not so productive as it could be, but I'm
in the process to tell the "joiner" I mentioned *what* he should do.
The tool he might use or not use is a subject to discuss in another
thread.

Moreover I really can't understand the problem of the non gimp fraction:
Why not use the program of your choice, export the result, import it
into gimp and viola, ready is the gimp graphic.  That's a stupid
discussion here and I don't want to deal with it, because I want to
aim the result.  The ability of scaling of the logo in my opinion would
suggest a vector drawing program, but this are technical terms.

> ...if Joey's request for an everlasting logo should be halfway fulfilled.
> Btw: The logo doesn't really need to be lasting forever, but a trendy
> redesign should be possible without kicking it .... look at the beloved
> microsoft logo ... those who remember the old times.
Does the firm you mentioned have a logo?  That's a serious question
I really can't remember it.  Obviousely it must be a bad logo...
May be I should go and find a W?? box to get some bad-logo-education :).

> Homage to all those without a stupid signature...
Thanks for that :)

Kind regards

       Andreas.