Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 07:16:26PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:

> If we use NetBSD, we can expect it to run on anything that still
> runs on household current.  Notebook or PDA?  Not likely.  Fair
> warning about NetBSD is that if we try to make what they will
> consider an "Impure" NetBSD port, the NetBSD people _WILL_ sabotage
> the effort in any way possible.  This is not a "they might", they
> will do whatever they can to make sure it doesn't happen.  When the
> OpenBSD people tried to create a

Uh - you are taking this out of context, I think.  The Open and NetBSD
people have some personal 'issues' with each other.  OpenBSD is a
forked NetBSD, infact.  I wouldn't consider it a given that NetBSD
would treat us the same way, if we treated them with respect.

--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus