Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 09:31:59PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:

> Why is "Linux Everywhere" any better than "Windows Everywhere"?

Because you have the source code to Linux.

> Linux is quickly being invaded by non-free software en masse from
> corporations that all want to make money, as much as they can, with

Corporations that want to make money?  Fancy that...  I think it's
high time someone figured out a way to do that with free software,
without just piggybacking on someone else's donated time and effort.

> Creating a BSD kernel based Debian distribution may not do a thing
> to stop the above nightmare Linux could become from happening, but
> it's one small step closer to being ready, just in case things
> happen the way they're likely to at the moment.

Watch out for the black helicopters...

Really.. in case you hadn't noticed, Redhat is an aggregate of
software, just like we are.  They are not about to go 'control the
world'.  That sounds pretty *unlikely*.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus