Re: Release-critical Bugreport for February 22, 1999

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 10:18:35AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Package: imap (main)
> > Maintainer: Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>
> >   33378  imap: Why ~/mail?
>
> What's about this one?  The title of the bug doesn't look like it is
> a release critical bug.

It's a change in behavior that breaks old configuration and may not be
compatible with some less configurable clients (windoze)...  It's
important if it's going to be fixed at all.  If it's not going to be
fixed then it should be closed because if we release an imap with changed
behavior it won't matter anymore.

> > Package: wget (main)
> > Maintainer: Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@feedback.net.ar>
> >   33624  [const@CE.CCTPU.EDU.RU: wget-1.5.3, chmod+symlinks]
>
> Since Nick has *a lot* of open and old bugs I assume that he isn't
> around.  I have placed a fixed package in ~joey on master as well as
> in ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/people/joey/debian/non-maintainer/
> If I don't receive objections I'll move it into Incoming tonight.

I think that might be a good idea, he was one of those we've been trying
to reach.  Around or not, I think a NMU of a release critical bug at this
point is not unwarranted.

--
"Do you think she's the sincere type? ... Yeah, I was afraid of that."
                        -- Richie Ryan, Highlander: The Series