Re: We can halve volume by not allowing nondevelopers to post

On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 03:45:18PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

<agree with this stuff>

> This, together with the unstable/frozen lists, might put -devel back
> where nearly everyone could read it.

The only thing I know of the makes this difficult is the manual
subscribing that would need to be handled (ie. I go on vacation, my system
is going to be down for extended period, so I unsubscribe and resubscribe
later).

Would it be possible for the list software to take pgp signed
subscriptions? That way we can have developers able to sub and unsub
at will, and also non-signed subs can be recv only (no posting).

Also, I probably don't need to say it (but it hasn't been so far) that the
-devel archives should still be public.