Pseudo-package for JVM needed?

I am maintaining jikes, the presently (but hopefully
not-for-much-longer) non-free Java compiler from IBM.  It depends on
having a third-party JVM, but apparently kaffe works as well as Sun's
jdk for this purpose.  In order to facilitate movement into main once
the outstanding license issues are resolved (as I am promised is being
reviewed by the lawyers right now), I have made jikes dependent on
either jdk1.1 or kaffe.

However, it is not too unlikely that other JVMs may be available, or
could become available in the future.  In order to facilitate a
selection of JVMs by the end-user, without my having to continuously
monitor alternatives and release new packages when I discover them,
might it be a good idea to have a JVM pseudo package provided by these
packages?