Re: Clueless users are bad for debian (was Let's CENSOR it!)

Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> writes:

> > I have just read an article in PC Week (online) by Neil Plotnick how the
> > necessity to partition your disk when you install Linux hinders the
> > acceptance
> > of Linux. He gives an example of a computer instructor whose
>
> If I'm not very much mistaken, it's possible to install Linux on a DOS
> partition (the UMDOS method, or something like that?).
>
> I just used FIPS myself, about a year ago, so I can't remember the
> exact details.

     Check out `Drop In Linux' by Dale Scheetz' <dwarf@polaris.net>.
I don't know the current status, but it uses a umdos file system,
doesn't require repartitioning the disk.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>