Re: new package: gri, a language for scientific graphics programming.

On 2 Apr 1999 miller5@uiuc.edu wrote:

>     > A friend of mine pointed me also to a third program which
>     > does the job.  It could be found under
>
>     >    http://www.triumf.ca/people/chuma/physica/homepage.html
>
> I've considered packaging Physica, but the source is not
> available
Are you sure?  When I played around a little bit with it I thought
I've got it.

> contrib.  Since there are only a handful of files and
> installation is very simple, it doesn't seem to me that a package
> would be that useful.
I consider a physica package to be useful.  Especially if the documentation
would be included in the Debian documentation system.  If the source
isn't available we should enforce the authors to make it public and *free*.

I think, that Debian needs scientific stuff very much but at the present
time I'm not able to take over new packages and would like to ask
some other volunteer to take the program and package it.  Once GnuPlot,
Physica and Gri are packaged we could compare them and hopefully a day
will come up when the good things of them will be merged in a really
powerful plotting program which is a dream at these days.

Kind regards

       Andreas.