Re: libstdc++2.8

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > I can find no version of libstdc++2.8 anywhere in slink main.
>
> It should be in oldlibs

This is true! Thanks!

The problem is that you can't tell this by looking at the Packages file,
probably because libstdc++2.8 does not have an entry in the override.slink
file.

I suspect that this may cause dselect some problems ;-)

> > addressbook in slink depends upon wish
> > catdoc in slink suggests wish
> > html2ps in slink depends upon wish
> > sgrep in slink suggests wish
> > tkdiff in slink depends upon wish
> > tkfont in slikn depends upon wish
>
> wish is a virtual package.

Thanks, I figured that out when I started grepping the Packages
file...duh.

> I checked all the dependencies of slink before the release; unless I'm

While I haven't found anything yet (dispite the confusion of the Packages
file), but if you are using pkg-order to do this "checking" I should warn
you that some ORed dependencies are not identified, causing problems when
they are not provided, as it reports them satisfied when they are not.

> very mistaken all dependencies were satisfied (except for some stuff
> in non-US I think).

The "non-US" problem is only going to get uglier. I sure wish my
government were more "enlightened".

Thanks,

Dwarf