Re: new package: gri, a language for scientific graphics programming.

On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 01:21:31PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
[...]
> I can't tell more to that problem than the lack of a high quality
> free plotting program is in my opinion the main fact that not more
> physicist switch to Linux.  This is at least true for our department.
> The prefer to use Origin ... and will do until someone presents
> something better ...  So lets start investigating in this topic or
> enforce the things which are going on.

Have you tried "grace" (formerly known as "xmgr")? It's been in Debian
since hamm, and it's a really nice "point'n'click" plotting program, but
with a full featured interpreter for the cmdline-lovers between us.
The best of both worlds. :-)

--
Enrique Zanardi					ezanardi@ull.es