Re: Bug #14572, any chance to fix it?

On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 06:54:47PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> If I apply this theory to bug #3253 (in which the "tastes" are reversed),
> it would follow that I should close it.
Honestly, I'd have to say that report #3253 is not a bug.  It's behavior
is  exactly what the pine authors want it to be and that is their RIGHT to
decide.  It might make the software undesirable.  Someone might even want
to ban it's use (or /dev/null mail ucoming from pine) but it's not a "bug"
in the traditional sense of the word..

> > >  So I'd say the chances of it
> > > being "changed some day" are slim to nil.
> >
> > I agree, I said it then, and I'll say it again: it is not a bug and
> > should be closed.

No it shouldn't.  Santiago hasa rightto want the  software changed.
This,however,  is a wishlist item, not a bug.

> And I'll say it again too: There was a discussion in debian-devel
> and the number of people who considered this as a bug was double
> than the number of people who did not.
That still does not make it a bug.  It's not your desire to have the order
changed that I'm objecting to (tho' it's an issue to take up directly with
the author of the software or the maintainer of the package...).  It's the
term of calling it a bug.  It's not.