Re: Revocation of adoption of mysql

Christian> What does this mean ?  ^^^^^^^^^^^

Idiom, meaning it either takes too much time or is too hard to do --
not sure which.

Christian> If the package is only for experts then I let someone other
Christian> :-)

Not sure about 'expert', but the remaining problems seem to be due to
the difficult packaging involved, not issues with the mysql code
itself.  Brian has orchestrated a GPLization that will require us to
maintain two separate versions of mysql-server, in addition to (or
instead of?) the free/non-free split we have now -- which still needs
to be brought up to date for Potato.  I understand theres a howto in
mysql-freebits.

If this doesn't faze you I'll concede the package to you, since I
don't use mysql as heavily.

		netgod