Re: the logo: logo selections now available!

I'm not a Debian developer, so if you don't want my opinion posted
here, feel free to ignore me.

I don't recall anybody mentioning you could use something else,
it was more like "we're having a logo contest, here's the site ..."
I visited the appointed site and it was quite specific about the
requirement to use Gimp.

My guess is that most professional design firms would create logos
using geometric and typographic design tools, rather than a bitmap
drawing program.  Ideally you'd want something that was representable
in ghost/post-script.

- Marsh