Re: email threat

I have no interest in the conflict between these two gentlemen.  However, I'd
like to point out a couple things.

First, if Mr. Raymond had published such a threat to the community at large, it
would have been inappropriate.  Mr. Perens is the one responsible for making
this disagreement such a spectacle.  If anyone ever published a private email of
mine on the Internet, I would never forgive them.

Second, Mr. Perens' suggestion that his life is in danger because Mr. Raymond is
a firearms enthusiast is childish.  This is akin to the fear that a friend is
planning to ruin you financially because they like to play the stock market.
Being a firearms enthusiast says more about one's attitude towards government
than to individuals.  They are not psychopaths.  Don't derive your opinions from
the 5 o'clock news.

Sincerely,
Justin Donnelly

--