Re: Intent to package: GREED

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 03:29:09AM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> >> "PG" == Pedro Guerreiro <pguerreiro@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
> PG> GREED is a utility similar to GetRight for Windows. It allows you to resume
>
> Quote:
>
>   Known bugs:
>   Won't download from ftp.microsoft.com. (like you will want to anyway)
>
> If the author blocks ftp.microsoft.com, this blocking has to be
> removed or the programm has to go to non-free because it violates
> point 6 of the DFSG.

The software is under GPL, and all of DFSG is about the license, not the
software itself, so there is no reason for this to go to non-free. Anyway,
IMHO this 'feature' is not a 'feature' but a troublesome bug in the NT ftp
server.

Quote from README:

	Question?:      Why won't greed let me download files from
        	        ftp.microsoft.com?
	Answer!:        Truthfully, I have no idea... it logically doesn't
        	        make any sense... I've logged into thier server
                	before to see if they do anything abnormal, but
	                unfortunately they don't... If anyone has any
        	        suggestions on this matter, please e-mail me

--
Pedro Guerreiro (aka digito)    (pguerreiro@bigfoot.com)
Diplomacy: the art of letting someone have your own way.