Re: RFC: debhelper v2

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> * I've observed that large multi-binary packages end up with an unruly
>   debian/ directory with all the <package>.* files in it. It may make sense
>   to make debhelper use debian/<package>/* instead. Of course this requires
>   that directory is no longer used as the temporary build directory.

Early debmake tried this, but patch cannot cope with diffs like this,
so please don't try it again.

> Well I'm looking foward to some comments.

I prefer to remain "traditional"; ie, debian/tmp, etc. for the first
package, and whatever you like for the remaining ones.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
The 179,929,732nd prime number is 3,778,455,319.