Re: RFC: debhelper v2

At 22:42 -0700 1999-04-26, Joey Hess wrote:
I was assumming that policy no longer existed, for some reason, and that
dpkg-souce could handle it. Tests show it does... does anyone know if this
is ok to do nowadays?

I have had dpkg-source fail to handle new dirs at the top-level, I have never had problems with dirs below 'debian'. I thought dpkg-source needed GNU patch anyway.

Ah, the packaging manual says:

         All the directories in the diff must exist, except the `debian'
	  subdirectory of the top of the source tree, which will be created
	  by `dpkg-source' if necessary when unpacking.

Then we get into the "is the packaging manual policy" argument.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>