Re: [mingp@corel.ca: Anyone in Debian working on or following IPP to make it available on Linux???]

  Joseph> I'm interested in printing and Linux, however I haven't a printer yet.
  Joseph> I have heard that setting up printing to the point that everything that
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought it was your mission to combat FUD, not to spread it?

  Joseph> CAN print just knows how to and does so sanely either just doesn't work
  Joseph> in Linux, or is an absolute PITA to set up unless your printer happens to
  Joseph> be an Apple LaserWriter or similar PostScript printer.

Nonsense.

In short, basically any printer that works via ghostscript is supported. More
details are in a HOWTO.  Install the magicfilter package, and basically
everything understood by file(1) can be printed.

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.