Re: German Dictionary (fwd)

>> "AT" == Andreas Tille <tille@physik.uni-halle.de> writes:

AT> On 28 Apr 1999, Roland Rosenfeld wrote:
>> > Do you have any idea to do the 7/8-Bit conversion with this tools?
>>
>> I'm not completely sure, how this could work (neither with perl nor
>> with other programs). Searching for "Straße" is trivial, but what
>> about a search for "Strasse"?
AT> That's exactly the problematic case I had in mind.

I don't understand, why there should be any conversion at all. If I
want to look up "Straße", I type that in, not "Strasse".

Or is this for the one who can't enter these characters? In this case:
how about providing a toolbar, with buttons for the umlaute, so one
can click on one of them to input it if needed?

It would be cool it the database could be converted into the dict
format (where clients etc. are available), but dict is only one way,
so the database had to be duplicated to also do lookups the other way.

Ciao,
	Martin