Re: (LONG) Correct non-US solution

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Joey Hess wrote:
> Well, we've established that no site in the US will carry the crypto stuff.
> So what if I'm in the US and want to get non-US stuff? Since non-us has
> disappeared into the distribution, I can't add a line to apt pointing to
> non-us. So what am I supposed to so?

Right in the first draft of the proposal, in the section about modifications
to apt, it said: apt will attempt to download the package from the sites in
sources.list, and if those fail, will try all the sites in master.list until
one is found which hosts the .deb.  The master.list file contains all
"official" debian mirrors, in a format that was already outlined.

Jonathan