Re: An 'ae' testimony

cas@taz.net.au (Craig Sanders) writes:

> someone (miquel, perhaps) made elvis-tiny a year or two back, and it fit
> on the boot disk. would be nice if it could be made to fit again. elvis
> isn't as good as vim, but it's much better than ae.

Yes please!  I really detest ae's vi camouflage.  I always forget how
to get out of a ae'ized vi session because i'm constantly fooled by a
not appearing ":" when i press "ESC :".  Looks like i learnt it by now
because i remebered it right now, but this doesn't make ae any better.

Maybe "vi" on the boot disks should simply say "vi didn't fit on the
bootdisk, so please use the self explaining 'ae' which will be started
right now" and forget about the bothersome vi emulation nuisance.  I'd
rather prefer a elvis-tiny or even mcedit though...

ae is one of Debian's most overlooked weak spots IMHO... :-(