open.hands.com (www.uk.debian.org) changing IP addresses, and down time.

Hi folks,

open.hands.com is being moved next week (which means it will be off the air
for a few hours, and will have a new IP address afterwards).

This machine hosts (among other things):

  www.uk.debian.org
  ftp.uk.debian.org
  cdimage.debian.org

and is a DNS server for debian and a bunch of other stuff.

This should not really cause to much hassle, except that I expect that
internic will manage to SNAFU somehow.

The new IP address will be:  195.224.53.39

The good news is that it's moving somewhere that will be very close the the UK
Telehouse backbone, and will not be bandwidth limited like it is now, so
should end up being a really useful resource for the UK.

I expect the move to happen on Tuesday or Wednesday, but that's still to be
confirmed.

Cheers, Phil.