Re: An 'ae' testimony

>>>>> "Craig" == Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

Craig> On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 03:16:18PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
>> Well put, Dale.  I think you have done the correct thing here.  If
>> the vi emulation is not sufficiently complete to work as expected
>> of vi, and esp. if it's really bad, remove it.

Craig> i disagree. while ae's vi emulation is far from perfect, it
Craig> should not be removed until there is a replacement which can
Craig> fit on the rescue disk.

Well, I think you're in the minority.  Most agree (including myself)
that the vi emulation mode in ae does more harm then good.

When we have a vi-alike which is small enough to squeeze on an
oversqueezed floppy, then we'll consider it.  Right now it's moot,
because we don't.

Aside from that, I think the best we can hope for is an "expanded
rescue" situation, i.e., an optional two- or three- floppy rescue
image, or (Corel is working on this) a rescue system bootable from a
CD or other media.