Re: A joe testimony (was: An 'ae' testimony)

Steve Lamb wrote:
>     Are you sure about that?  I moved them into a completely different
> directory and joe didn't complain that they weren't there.  It looks like it
> uses the standard termcap/terminfo files.

Hm, very interesting.. Strace shows it never touches them. Oh, I see. if
falls back to them if the normal terminfo doesn't turn up your terminal type.

> >This, FYI, is why I sopped using joe. Not only is it buggy if used from a
> >buggy terminal emulator like windoze telnet, it had occasional bugs running
> >in an xterm (not screen display, but failure to reset the terminal properly
> >on exit).
>
>     This, IIRC, is a bug with xterm, not joe, as other editors do it as well.

I've only seen joe trigger this, but perhaps I'm using the wrong (well,
right ;-) editors.

--
see shy jo