Re: An 'ae' testimony

On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 09:07:21PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > joe is not discontinued upstream.  Joe Allen just hasn't worked on it in
> > 3+ years as he worked on other things.  Recent posts from him on comp.editors
> > suggests that he is going to start working on joe again.
>
> That's great news!
>
> >     I've never seen a problem with its termcap/ncurses interface.  Could you
> > explain?

[.. joe problems ..]

> Still, it's the best editor around =%o)

It also has a habit (curses related) that sometimes it changes your stty
settings and doesn't change them back, leaving you with a mess rquireing
stty sane to fix.  This is a bug against the package, but nobody has any
idea what causes it.

It may have gone away with ncurses 4.  If so, I think I need to have a
look at a couple other programs that had the problem.  =>

* m2 stares at the monitor... it looks like a hamburger...
<Knghtbrd> m2 - that's a bad sign