Re: sgml-tools and super weirdness

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Richard Braakman wrote:

> With super, the slink version was a separate NMU for frozen, while that
> version was already in unstable.  So the changelogs are different, and
> they are differnet compiles.

That's all good and well, but we -MUST NOT- have different compiles with
the same version, there is no way to tell which is prefered!

> With sgml-tools, I can find only this oddity:
>
> Suggests: bsdmainutils
> Optional: groff, latex, dvips, texinfo, info-browser
>
> It uses the ancient "Optional" keyword.  It looks like dpkg merged
> that with the Suggests, whereas dpkg-scanpackages lets it override
> the Suggests.

Arg! CVS apt will insist on upgrading sgml-tools every single time because
of this, Richard can we fix dpkg-scanpackages (quickly) to emulate dpkg? I
very much don't want back out this latest change :< (there is no way for
me to compensate, the information is filtered out by dpkg and
dpkg-scanpackages)

Thanks,
Jason