Re: Time to rewrite dpkg

shaleh@clifford.livenet.net writes:

> Go for it.  Have fun.  Document and read.  There has been quite some discussion
> on this subject.
>
> My only comment is that apt will likely be on a boot disk near you real soon
> so libc++ is there too.

Great, I just love apt.

> Make not of dpkg's short comings.  Aim for compatibility.  Remember the creed
> of "debian always has clean upgrades".

Yes, I had big troubles with that on redhat. rpm was just too old to
install a package and also to old to install a newer rpm and also to
old to install rpm sources. There was just no way to update.

> And place a cvs somewhere so interested parties can join in the fray.

I'm certainly intrested, even if its only de^H^Hconstructive critics. :)

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin