Editor(s) on boot/root/rescue disks

On 26-May-99, 04:33 (CDT), Martin Kahlert <martin.kahlert@mchp.siemens.de> wrote:
> I found a very small vi-clone named levee on
> http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code
> its exefile is 36K. Would that be small enough?

That's small enough, but consider these points:

If we are going to appeal to non-Unix-weenies, there *must* be a
screen-based editor besides a vi clone on the base disks; therefore, the
size is the sum of the size of the vi-clone and the size of the other
editor.

Anyone you can use vi can use an ae or ee style editor with a menu and
key guide at the top.

The command "edit" must not bring up the vi clone.

Steve "learned vi in '84 and still use it every day, but I'm not stupid
enough to inflict it on a Unix newbie" Greenland