Re: #38544: Gettext solution (Was: Re: gettext packages)

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 01:30:10PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Example: libc6-dev contains both the include files and the static
> libraries. I guess that the include files are used by almost everybody
> who has this package installed, while I could not say the same for the
> static libraries.
>
> Does this mean that libc6-dev has to be splitted also? (Please look at the
> installed size of libc6-dev, and compare it with the installed size of
> gettext).

Isn't xlibg6g-static precedence for this? I don't think it's a bad idea at
all, personally. xlib6g contains shared libraries and locale files,
xlib6g-dev contains imake, include files, .so symlinks and some static
libraries, and I assume xlib6g-static just contains the rest of the static
libraries (libX11.a et al).

SRH
--
Steve Haslam               Debian GNU/Linux               araqnid@debian.org
orbit, gnome-libs, gnome-core, gnome-control-center, gdm, p3nfs,