Re: #38544: Gettext solution (Was: Re: gettext packages)

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 01:30:10PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Julian Gilbey wrote:
[...]
> > In which case, let's aim to split the gettext package ;)
>
> Well, you are the only one to insist so much in splitting the gettext
> package. The reason you give me for this is that there are some stuff
> which is normally not needed by the average user. I agree with that, but
> IMHO, this is not a good reason for the split.

I would like a gettext-base package too. gettext goes on the base system,
where every KB counts. The development stuff in gettext is ~300 KB.
That may be the difference between a 7 floppies and 8 floppies base
system for potato.

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es