Re: [PROPOSED] Swap the "open" and "official" versions of the new logo

Branden Robinson <branden@ecn.purdue.edu> writes:

> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> I don't know how controversial this suggestion will be, but I propose that
> the official version of the new logo be the one with the bottle in it.

What is the status of the logos, given that we've just voted on them ?

If they're written in stone, then a proposal to change them is pointless.

If they're not, then I suggest that instead of proposing a swap, you
(or I, if you prefer) call for a second round of logo voting.  The
difference being that all submissions have to be recognisable
variations on the swirl.

That would allow you to make the swapped logos one of the options, but
it would also allow the MODIFIED_SWIRL logo to be rendered, and voted
on (I don't think it got a fair crack of the whip in the previous
vote), and if someone else can come up with a better way of indicating
official-ness, or can slightly tweak the swirl itself, in a way that
people generally prefer, then that would be fine.

The other thing is that at some point we need to draw a line under the
logo issue, and decide that it's no longer open to discussion.
Otherwise we'll get the ``I think XYZ would make a better Debian
Logo'' proposal every six months, which I can do without.

Cheers, Phil.