Re: final version of the new logo needed

On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 11:19:23PM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> > I am quite disappointed to discover that the Debian pages use
> > gifs exclusively :((((
>
> The problem with jpeg is that anything with sharp boundaries, like text,
> gets distorted.

Isn't PNG appropriate for that? IIRC three of the most popular used
browsers today support PNGs, and that is just about every visitor of
www.debian.org.

And it would be good for the community if Debian web pages would promote
a new, open standard (if I understand PNG correctly).