Re: Kernel 2.4

> Furthermore, if that many changes are introduced in the 2.3 series
(like
> extfs3, new file systems, clustering and better multi-processor
support)
> I would not surprise if the new stable kernel is released as 3.0 :-)

Hopefully by the time we get to 2.4 or 3.0 there will be fully
functional USB support for everything that windblows supports, NTFS
WRITE support, full APIC support (sharing of IRQ's on PCI) and other
things I havn't thought of yet!! The road from 2.0 to 2.2 was a long
one with lot's of back steps, 2.2 to 2.4(3.0) will probably be just as
long.  (Although to paraprase Linus, there are more eyes on the code now)
===
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....