Re: RFC: future of the smbfs and smbfsx packages

On Wed, Jun 09, 1999 at 11:28:52PM +0100, Edward Betts wrote:
> What if I flip between 2.0.x and 2.2.x? smb is always working with option 1,
> broken halve the time with option 2.

Interesting scenario, hadn't thought of that. What about just not making the
two packages conflict with each other? The easiest (for the user) way would be
the wrapper approach: when smbmount is called a check is done on the kernel
version, but of course one couldn't have a manpage that changed each time with
the different kernel versions, just a replacement that points to the correct
pages.

Curious: why would you boot between 2.0 and 2.2 all the time ?

Sarel Botha          |     Computer &           | +27 341 81341
(sjb@dundee.lia.net) |        Accounting        | BOX 2065, Dundee
 "The End is near." -- http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/7771/666.htm