html2ps

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 12:15:04AM -0500, BugScan reporter wrote:

> Package: html2ps (main)
> Maintainer: Johnie Ingram <johnie@debian.org>
>   37614  html2ps does not start!

I adopted this package from Johnie some months ago, but the
upstream author seems to have abandoned it (I mailed him a while
ago, but had no reply, he seems to be busy with Real Life), so I
never did an upload. As I don't really get around on Perl (and
the programming style of html2ps sounds somewhat cryptic to me),
I don't dare to try to fix bugs.

So I'd like to orphan this package, if possible with a comment
that anyone who picks it up has to become the upstream
maintainer too. Otherwise it should probably be removed from the
archive, since it's not stable enought to be useful by itself as
is IMHO (last version is a Beta).

One thing that was on my list for a Debian upload is adding some
package detecting and converting most of these Depends: into
Recommends:. It works perfectly well without perlmagick,
tetex-base, libwww-perl, weblint, and wish (IIRC), only thing
user needs to do is edit a config file.

And one thing the upstream maintainer should probably think
about (or the new upstream maintainer) is some DSC conformance;
html2ps output can't be filtered trough psnup, psselect, pstops,
mpage or anything like this.

I may file bugs on these if someone intends to adopt the
package. If it's going to be discarded, I don't think I'll swap
the BTS with it.

Upstream URL: http://www.tdb.uu.se/~jan/html2ps.html - last
message on the mailing list archive is 04 Feb 99.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.