Re: netscape status?

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Johnie Ingram wrote:

> "Greg" == Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
>
> Greg> kind of egcs optimization bug in the X libraries. Has this been
> Greg> dealt with? Because I still see netscape crashing every few
> Greg> minutes and it's becoming increasingly maddening.
>
> It has been; with the optimization bug netscape would bus error almost
> immediately (during roaming update, for me).  Crashing every few
> minutes is normal.  :-(

Hmm.

To me, crashing every few minutes is not normal, not even for Netscape.
But is does crash with a bus error sometimes when I close one of its
windows. I understand this was caused by the egcs bug mentioned above.
Will ths be solved anytime soon?

Another thing to crash Netscape: Java applets. With Java support turned
off, Netscape is quite reliable for me. Turning Java on will cause
Netscape to crash on any page containing a Java applet, though. Is this
also caused by the egcs bug?

I am running Navigator 4.6 on potato, BTW.

Remco
--
rd1936: 12:40am  up 2 days,  5:03,  6 users,  load average: 1.57, 1.48, 1.36