Re: HTML instead of GNU Info?

On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 12:15:38AM +0200, Norbert Nemec wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> what is the general opinion about moving away from GNU Info completely and
> integrate all the TexInfo documentation into our preferred HTML standard?

Bad idea. We are not here to impose any format as the only available format
to our users.

HTML will give very bad print outs, for example. Conevrting from texi to ps
(over tex) is much better for that. That is just as an example.

The correct solution is of course to generate the requested default doc
format on the fly (or at installation time or whenever). Doc-base will do
that when it is finished. Please subscribe debian-doc if you want to help
with that.

Thanks,
Marcus