Re: md5sums (was Re: System integrity...)

>> "CL" == Chris Leishman <masklin@debian.org> writes:

>> I once wrote a little perl script that does it the other way round:
>> Compare all files listed in /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.md5sums with their
>> versions currently stored in the real filesystem.
>> But it takes some time to run: something between 5 and 10 minutes to check
>> about 500 MB on my AMD K6-266 with a DCAS SCSI disk.

>> If you're interested in it, just tell me.

I would also like to have it. I had some problems with a harddrive
(the HD/Mainboard was not good enough for some hdparm optimasations).
So I looked for a way to verify the installed files to the md5sums in
the dpkg database. I was surprised not to find any package that
offered such a thing.

CL> What is the criteria that determines which packages get .md5sums
CL> files stored in /var/lib/dpkg/info/ ??

The file is created during debian/rules binary by dh_md5sums or other
means.

Ciao,
	Martin