Re: weekly policy summary

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 at 14:57, Joey Hess wrote about "weekly policy summary":

> Configuration of packages
>   * Stalled for 1 week.
>   * Proposed on 05 May 1999 by Brederlow.
>   * Draft proposal to graft user-friendly and/or automatic
>     install-time configuring of packages onto dpkg.

I will second this. I think there should be default options and those who
are installing tens or hundreds of packages and have blind faith in the
packagers should be allowed to tell dpkg to "go to work" (I hope this
proposal covers that; that's what I understood). And user-friendly is
always good, as long as it's bug friendly.

--
Brock Rozen                                              brozen@torah.org
Director of Technical Services                             (410) 602-1350