Re: Intent to package: libgimp-perl [Re: Gimp perl scripts for Debian buttons]

Anthony Fok wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 12:07:17PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > My question is now if the perl library could help me.  I wanted
> > to load an image scale it to certain dimensions and save it in
> > a batch script (without any display).  I didn't find a way to
> > do it via `gimp -b` but could the library possibly help me for
> > that task.  The job should be done from a perl script anyway so
> > the use of Perl would be welcome.
>
> Yes, it is possible.  Craig Small, who wrote the original Gimp perl
> scripts, taught me in his scripts.  :-)  The script was probably
> written for an earlier version of Gimp, but some Gimp's function
> syntax has changed a tiny bit, so the attached one has been
> adapted to work with Gimp 1.1.5.
>
> This is the command:
>
>    gimp --no-interface --no-data --batch '(extension-perl-server 0 0 0)' &

Last I looked at gimp-perl, this wasn't necessary.  If you ran a
gimp-perl without running gimp first, it ran gimp automatically in the
background.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |