Re: problem with gnome panel and latest orbit

On Tue, Jun 15, 1999 at 03:00:40PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> When I installed the latest orbit version gnome's panel stopped working on
> the first call:
>
> meskes@tanja:~$ panel
> ** WARNING **: Could not get name service!
> ** ERROR **: file goad.c: line 606 (real_goad_server_activate): assertion failed: (name_service != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL) aborting...
>
> The next time I call it it works well.

This has been entered as a bug, but I haven't had time to look into it, I'm
afraid. I haven't noticed any differences myself, although I use
gnome-session to start things in general.

SRH
--
Steve Haslam, Validation Engineer, ARM Ltd, Cambridge UK     +44-1223-400677
steve.haslam@arm.com       steve@arise.demon.co.uk        araqnid@debian.org