Problems with gimp1.1 locale

Hello,

I installed gimp1.1.5-1 from potato.
Generally I'm using the locale settings:

LANG=de_DE
LC_ALL=de_DE

Using this I'm overfloded with messages:

"Kann keine Menüs de-/aktivieren, die nicht existieren:
             <Toolbox>/Datei/Beenden

(The last line varies from message window to message window.)
If I unset the variables LANG and LC_ALL all works well.  So I
suspect that gimp has problems to find some gettext strings which
causes that string comparison fails when GTK+1.2 searches for
a menu entry.  Is this a general problem of the gimp development
version or is this a problem of wrong packaged/installed
Debian package?

Kind regards

         Andreas.