Re: /etc/init.d/network - route commands

In article <cistron.Pine.LNX.4.10.9906160937570.22496-100000@volta.midco.net>,
Nathan E Norman  <finn@midco.net> wrote:
>Here's how I fixed it - very low tech, but it might help newbies which
>is why I'm posting it here in hopes that someone might incorporate these
>ideas into Debian's /etc/init.d/network (which package owns this file,
>anyway?)

That file is not owned by any package. It's created when you install the
system, and not touched by anything later.

I usually do something similar to what you do, though I like the syntax

[ $condition ] && route add -net .....

a bit better because it fits on one line..

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?