Re: Debian SGML/XML packages (was Package wanted: libxml-grove-perl)

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> writes:

> On Monday 14 June 1999, at 18 h 53, the keyboard of Ardo van Rangelrooij
> <avrangel@flevonet.nl> wrote:
>
> > All this made me think about putting together a web page listing all
> > the current XML Perl modules, whether they are debianized and by who,
>
> The list already exists: <http://www.perlxml.com/modules/perl-xml-modules.html>

Yes, I know.  My idea is to use that list as a basis for the Debian
status of them.

> It would be useful to have a Web page of all Debian XML tools and only them
> (at the present time, not much even in potato, but this is a reflection of the
> state of XML - I mean the technical state, not the marketing one).

Ok, makes sense.  I also propose putting things in categories similar to
what Robin Cover has done in http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/publicSW.html
and http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/xml.html#xmlSoftware.

> > We could even extend this into a set of web pages listing all the SGML
> > and XML packages (and even those that are not yet) available in Debian,
>
> Yes. Any volunteer?

I think we already got one, otherwise I would have taking it up myself.

> > Further, we could even setup a debian-sgml-xml mailing list to discuss
> > related issues.
>
> <AOL>Good idea.</AOL>

I've been on the web for some years already, but what does AOL mean in
this context?

Thanks,
Ardo
--