debian menu tree changes, automatic optimization, hints, etc

Hi,

The just-released menu-2.0 can now (potentially) re-shape your local
debian menu tree. So, based on how many web brouwsers and mail programs
you have installed, it could decide to get rid of that /Apps/Net
subseciton, and replace it with /Apps/Mail and /Apps/Web.

Or, inversely, if you (like me) only have in total 3 entries in
/Apps/Sound and /Apps/Viewers, then menu may decide to merge those
to /Apps/MultiMedia.

*** To the Paranoid: Relax. It is optional, now by default turned off ***

This works with variables that I called `hints'. So, for the above
(optional) Web section, lynx's menu entry file would look like:

?package(lynx): section=Apps/Net title="Lynx" hints="Web" command="lynx"

This will tell menu that, if desired (and the tree optimization turned on),
it may use "Web" as an extra section.

What I said here isn't the full story (only a summary for debian-devel),
and I'm trying to start a discussion about this on debian-policy.
So, there I've posted a more complete description about these hints,
how they work, etc. If you are interested, please go to debian-policy,
and give your opinion there.

If you missed my original article on debian-policy, you can still
find it at
  http://joostje.op.het.net/menu/announce-2

Thanks,
joostje